Pre sales in logistics refers to approaching prospects over phone lines or in person, with offer of meeting their expectations via safe and in time delivery of assets/goods at minimal cost. Pre sales staff books the order for delivery of goods up to certain destination.
- Sharing Leads and beat route remains manual process and pre sales person have to be contacted over phone or given physical sheets to approach for orders. This is inefficient system and adds to expenses.
- Real time pre sales data collection is not possible as same has to entered from papers to a computer based files and consolidated for movement planning.
- Collection of logistics docs like customer credentials, material packing list and statutory forms are collected in paper forms. This delays certain back end processes.
- Market Survey & Analysis is required to stay ahead of others under forces that drive the market.
- Customer Help Desk is big value addition. Answering business inquiries and resolving complaints are essential to maintain strong customer base. Mobile App based help desk can come handy for consumers to know details in real time.
Sales refers to actual delivery of service i.e. movement of material or assets from source to destination.
- Real time availability of Stock status is mandatory in case the logistics company is delivering their own products from warehouse / suppliers / directly from manufacturing units. In absence of stock availability info, sales person cannot initiate the sales.
- Details on nature, volume and packing list should be readily available to arrange transportation facilities accordingly. In absence of such information, one may over stocking or under stock to meet dispatch commitment. Such situations are not only illegal and dangerous, they put pressure on shrinking margins under competitive market conditions.
- Lack of Asset tracking due to legacy manual tracking system. Real time position of assets / goods is not available and forward information to arrange resources for their deliveries is not available with precision. This creates inefficient operations, adds to expenses. In case of emergencies/transport breakdown, no alert is available to take timely action. Perishable goods may get spoiled beyond usage and cause huge losses and loss of brand name.
- Historical data on Asset movement may not be available though it can help in taking extra precaution on certain issues that cropped up earlier during similar deliveries.
- High Admin Cost is required to ensure accuracy at each level but is adverse to profitability.
- Alert & Notification on receipt of goods at destination and later to recovery staff to receive outstanding payments is required to timely approach the customer to collect dues against loans or other services.
- Information Transparency is required to know the fallouts due to business deficiencies and create improvement channel. This is possible only through real time and accurate flow of information within and across the boundaries of various stages under this business.