Pre sales stage starts with promotion of product brands. It is followed by looking for leads (possible buyers), qualifying leads by comparing their requirements with own offerings and then approaching these business opportunities with product detail, pricing etc. and winning over a business deal.
- Product Brochure is required in electronic form instead of paper based brochures. These are hassle free and easily sharable over computer devices.
- Sales Schemes and Promotion information should always be available to sales staff with updated offerings and pricing to avoid delays and confusion and capture business at early stage.
- Pre Sales doc like standard Quotations need to be readily available in electronic forms to share it promptly and gain commitment from the prospect before competitors
- DSR information not available in real time and not free from human errors. its consolidation further takes time to add delay to important management decisions
- Data utilization of Sales Promotion Event is not optimum as it is collected over manual sheet. This data, which depicts the market sentiments about new product and provides important decision inputs, either go mission or is not very useful till it is converted to computer readable form.
- Competitive Market Analysis is required to stay ahead of others under forces that drive the market
Manufacturing sales covers getting order from customers and supplying products in time and in good shape.
- Precision in stock status lacks in legacy systems and deliveries cannot be consistent with orders. Over stocking or under stocking remains common phenomenon.
- Inventory Management remains complex though it plays critical role to ensure availability of products in time. Otherwise, it not only causes loss of sales but also loss of brand value.
- Damage / Expiry / Pilferage Check is not easy and normally the reports are based on manual sheets prone to errors.
- Order consolidation in Real Time is required which is normally not possible by manual sheets. Chances to error in order entry remain high. Further, the consolidation of orders to procure raw material, plan the resources in manufacturing process and dispatches takes more time than expected and impact deliveries
- High Admin Cost to ensure speed and accuracy at each level is adverse to profitability. If administration is weak, losses are inevitable.
- Efficient field staff management is required to control operational costs. Clear visibility of field staff is not achievable by existing mechanisms. This may put undue pressure on performing employees and dud may remain unaffected. This situation is certainly not good for organization health
- Supply Chain Management in Real time is required for clear visibility about the stock movement and plan resources required during Beat plan.
- Outstanding Payment status is difficult to know. As a result the defaulter may go scot free impacting cash flow. If unchecked for long, it may spiral to huge losses or force even the business shutdown.
- Information Transparency is required to know the fallouts due to business deficiencies and create improvement channel. This is possible only through real time and accurate flow of information within and across the boundaries of various stages under manufacturing business.