Pre sales refers to reaching out to prospects to impart knowledge about products or services being offered and improve the sales funnel.
- Non availability of self driven and skilled person due to high costs. Low cost team usually needs mentoring & constant monitoring to achieve results but this results in increased expenses.
- Modernisation Constraints remain a hurdle due to cost control. Using legacy methods for pre sales do not yield much results in this mobility age.
- Time loss with Sales Staff are common phenomenon since their Real time activity tracking is not possible.
- Low ROI with pre sales activities since data consolidation from the pre sales activities is cumbersome. The submitted date is often non verifiable and misleading. Drawing meaningful inference is not feasible.
- Sales Promotion Event generates data which depicts the market sentiments about new product and provides important inputs for planning. But using manual sheets to collect data adds error and delays. So returns out of Promotional Event are not as per expectation.
Sales starts with getting confirmed orders and generating invoice. This ends with dispatching goods or services to end consumer.
- Optimised Inventory Management is complex and labour centric process. Over stocking raises investment cost. Under stocking causes short delivery.
- Check on Pilferage / Loss / Damages of Goods is not maintainable by manual system. This is must to contain losses and utilize the limited funds for good use.
- Order Taking in Real Time is required which is normally not possible by manual DSR sheets. Chances to error remain high. Further the consolidation of orders to plan the inventory and dispatches takes long time impacting deliveries.
- In time Order Fulfilment is complex although it is essential to keep brand value and retain consumer.
- High Admin Cost is required to ensure speed and accuracy at each level but is adverse to profitability. If administration is weak, losses are inevitable.
- Efficient field staff management is required to control operational costs. Daily record of actions of field staff is not achievable by existing mechanisms.
- Supply Chain Management requires Real time visibility to the stock movement and plan resources for timely deliveries and optimised operations.
- Payment Outstanding is not readily available. This badly impacts the cash flow. Clear visibility to field staff about all outstanding can help in minimising the aged payments.
- Maintaining customer relationship is essential for recurring business. Cheap alternatives like sending e-mailers have not been proved very effective and alternatives like call centres put up high expenses.
- Information Transparency is required to know the fallouts due to business deficiencies and create improvement channel. This is possible only through real time and accurate flow of information within and across the boundaries of various stages under FMCG business..